Building Hope Services, a division of Building Hope, provides charter schools and Charter Management Organizations with independent financial advisory services.
The business objective of Building Hope Services is to provide independent, professional financial consulting services aimed at developing and implementing capital project plans in the least costly manner possible.
Building Hope Services has a reputation for industry-leading credit rating presentations, securing credit ratings, developing capital improvement plans and generating savings through debt refinancing.
Our professionals provide a comprehensive set of services covering all aspects of a debt offering. Unlike financial advisors or commercial banks which typically offer only a limited set of services, Building Hope Services works with schools long before, during and after a financing.
Our Financial Advisory Services Include:
- Act in a fiduciary capacity for the charter school
- Develop requests for proposals and qualifications for underwriters, bond or disclosure counsel, credit enhancement facilities and investment products
- Assist in developing the plan of finance and related transaction timetable
- Identify and analyze financing solutions and alternatives for funding a capital improvement plan
- Advise on the method of sale, taking into account market conditions and near-term activity in the municipal market
- Assist in preparation of any rating agency strategies and presentations
- Coordinate with internal/external accountants, feasibility consultants and escrow agents
- Assist with the selection of underwriters, underwriter compensation issues, syndicate structure and bond allocations
- Assist with preparation of the preliminary official statement, bid verification, true interest cost (TIC) calculations and reconciliations
- Prepare preliminary cash flows/preliminary refunding analysis
One of the strengths we bring to a client is our familiarity and clear understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of financing vehicles in order to assist a client in selecting the most viable approach for long-term sustainability. We do not hold funds for or on behalf of our clients and do not manage assets of our clients.
We do not underwrite municipal bonds; consequently, we consistently evaluate funding options for our clients in an objective and independent manner without regard to any pressures imposed from trading or selling departments within an investment banking firm.
We are registered as an independent Municipal Financial Advisor with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Building Hope Services serves exclusively as financial advisor and does not buy or sell securities in either the primary or secondary markets. Building Hope Services has served as financial advisor or municipal advisor on various types of financing plans including: land acquisition and construction loans, refinancing, private placements and revenue bonds. Our team has assisted schools in executing various financing structures, including fixed-rate public offerings, private placements and bank direct purchase financings.
Members of our team have executed numerous education bond financings for charter school clients representing millions of dollars in financings. Many of our clients have been first-time borrowers whom we have educated on the bond issuance process.